Monday, May 11, 2015

Impact

It's difficult to know how my actions will affect others. Sometimes, I know precisely what I've done that may have an impact on another; however, I think most of the time, I am somewhat oblivious of the direct consequences of what I have "done" today and how it may affect someone else's tomorrow.

Today, I've suffered from migraine. I've fought this particular one for three days. Days of being in and out of focus, depending upon how the medicine I take to combat the pain affects me. There are times when I take the medicine and forget entirely that my body is in the background fighting the migraine. I wonder later, "Why am I so fatigued, and it's only six in the evening? Oh, yeah, I had a migraine earlier." The truth is the migraine is still there, running in the background like a network's filtering system. Well, I guess the meds are the filtering system trying to keep the migraine from affecting my hardware.

From Pixabay: http://goo.gl/nXkdnD


Day 3--Relpax, 40mg.

I'm in a state of succumbing to the side-effects of the meds. I've taken an anti-nausea to combat the waves but the Rel-pax gives me that feeling of when one can "taste" sleep. It's lulling me to check out for a while. I can't. I shouldn't. I won't. I did.

I'm in a twisted shape so it is sure to affect someone else's tomorrow. I'm fairly certain that my migraine will lead to confusion of anyone who may interact with me. My language becomes elusive and the formation of words garbled. Whatever I may attempt to convey in conversation today could be misconstrued and cause an awkward tomorrow.

Essentially, if people are unaware of how much a migraine and the medicine can affect a person, their understanding is minimal.

So, let me apologize today for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment